Health and Wellbeing
This year we have made health and well-being our focus. The reason is simple: mental well-being is as important as physical health. So finding ways to improve total well-being is more than a socially responsible sustainability initiative. Through direct employee engagement;
- We’ve pledged to support See Change, the National Mental Health Stigma Reduction Partnership receiving the Green Ribbon Award in 2017.
- We’ve also chosen the Alzheimer’s Society of Ireland as our primary charity partner for 2018. For the roughly 55,000 people across Ireland living with dementia and the 165,000 affected family members.
- We are proud, once again, to be the presenting partner of Wellfest, Ireland’s only health and wellness festival. Returning on May 12 & 13 to Dublin’s Royal Hospital Kilmainhan.
- This year, we have expanded our support of Wellfest to include a 30-day wellness programme. This programme features tips on exercise, improving nutrition and mindset and much more. And best of all, it’s totally free.
- As part of KBC’s commitment to offering innovative products and services, this year we launched FitBit Pay. An evolution of contactless payments, Fitbit Pay rewards customers with preferential discounts on purchases for meeting fitness targets.
Divergent thinking will be key in solving the challenges of tomorrow. To support and inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs;
- We offer eight paid internships through Enactus Ireland—a global network of college students and business leaders working together to make a difference through social entrepreneurship.
- We are proud sponsors of the Early Irish Careers Awards – recognizing and celebrating the excellence and achievements of young professionals in Ireland
- Our micro SME offering will support entrepreneurship in the professional services sector providing advice from dedicated relationship managers.
In Ireland today, just one in four adults describe themselves as financially savvy. So this year in an effort to increase financial awareness we will continue to support financial literacy through education—at all stages of life. Our stage-of-life approach includes solutions such as the launch of;
- Our new Teen account
- Our Home Series events
- Our Investment evenings
- With Junior Achievement Ireland, we support the Make Maths Matter, a programme supporting financial literacy and STEM education in primary schools.
- Through the Skills@Work mentoring programme, we run workshops that teach secondary school students practical skills for employment.
We have a long term green strategy which is embedded in the hearts and minds of KBC employees.
- Complete energy audits to focus our efforts on reducing our environmental impact. ISO14001 Accredited.
- Nearly 97% of all our waste is recycled contributing to a low carbon footprint.
- The Green Team continue to focus on our impact on the environment and small changes that can make a big difference.