- API means the KBCI application programming interface;
- Intellectual Property Rights means all patents, copyright and related rights, trademarks, logo, service marks, trade, design rights, business and domain names, rights in trade dress or get-up, rights in goodwill or to sue for passing off, rights in designs, database rights, rights in confidential information (including know-how and trade secrets) and any other intellectual property rights, in each case whether registered or unregistered and including all applications for, and renewals or extensions of, such rights, and all similar or equivalent rights or forms of protection in any part of the world.
- Log In Credentials means the user ID and password chosen by you when registering your account as may be changed and updated from time to time;
- Portal means the KBCI dedicated API testing facility;
- you/your means the person accessing the Portal;
- we/us/KBCI means KBC Bank Ireland plc.
Before you are able to access the Portal, you will have to register with us and create an account. To do this you will need to provide us with certain information and to set your Log In Credentials. We will send you a confirmation email to the email address that you provided, which will contain a verification link. You must click on the verification link to complete your registration and set up your account.
3.Using the Portal
3.1 The Portal is a test environment in which you can develop and test your applications. Through the Portal you will be able to access certain API’s and applicable documentation for the purpose of developing and testing your applications. The Portal does not currently have access to a production environment.
3.2 You must use your Log In Credentials each time you access the Portal and you acknowledge that your activities within the Portal may be monitored.
3.3 All data accessed through the Portal and the API’s is imitation data. You are not permitted to upload any real data to the Portal or represent to another party that the transactions simulated using the Portal are genuine.
3.4 We may from time to time issue such further instructions to you in connection with the use of the Portal as we at our discretion deem appropriate and your continued use of the Portal will be subject to complying with these instructions.
3.5 We reserve the right at all times to amend, modify, change, update and/or remove functionality and features from the Portal. While we endeavour to ensure that the Portal is available for use we do not guarantee or warrant that it will always be available or that’s its use will be uninterrupted (including occasions when it is unavailable to allow maintenance, upgrades and emergency repairs to take place, or failure of telecommunications links and equipment whether beyond our control or otherwise) and we have no liability to you in this respect.
4.1 We grant you a limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive, as-is, non sub licensable licence to use the Portal for the sole purpose of developing and testing your applications.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
5.2 You undertake not to do anything which would bring KBCI or any of it trademarks, trade names, logos, or branding into disrepute or harm the reputation and goodwill of KBCI.
By accessing and using the Portal you represent and warrant to us that:-
- any information you provided to us in connection with your registration is true and accurate;
- you hold all necessary licences to use, or are the owner of all the content necessary to develop, distribute or use your application;
- your applications do not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties;
- your use of the Portal is entirely at your own risk.
You repeat these representations each time you access the Portal.
You shall not-
- change or delete any copyright, trademark, tradename or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols, or labels appearing on or in the Portal;
- Disclose, share or divulge any of the content on the Portal to any third party;
- Represent in any way that your application is approved, recommended or endorsed by us;
- Disable, or by pass any security protocols or measures or technical limitations of the Portal;
- Modify, decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise alter the Portal;
- Use the Portal to engage in any fraudulent or illegal conduct of any kind or in any manner which violates any applicable law or the rights of any person including inter alia their intellectual property rights;
- Participate or engage in any activity which restricts, hinders, impedes, interrupts or harms the Portal in any way or permits unauthorised access to the Portal;
You are responsible for the security and safekeeping of your Log In Credentials. If at any time you believe these have been lost, stolen or compromised in any way you should immediately inform us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You should take reasonable precautions to prevent unauthorised access to the Portal using your LogIn Credential including interalia, signing out after each session, not leaving your device unattended when using the Portal and taking reasonable steps against loss or theft of your device.
All content, information and data on the Portal is confidential in nature and you shall preserve the confidentiality of all material accessed and obtained by you through the Portal, keep it secure and protect it from unauthorised disclosure.
You should take all reasonable precautions to keep your system secure including using anti virus software and firewalls so as to ensure your device does not harm the Portal.
You agree to indemnify and hold KBCI harmless, without limitation, against any and all claims, actions, loss, damage, liability, costs or expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered or incurred by KBCI related to or arising as a result of:-
(a) your use of the Portal and its contents with or without authorisation;
(c) your negligence, fraud, dishonesty or wilful misconduct;
(d) any infringement by you of our Intellectual Property Rights; and
(e) any violation by you of any applicable laws.
We may block, suspend, reduce, control or deny access to the Portal at any time for any objective, valid technical, operational or commercial reason including inter alia where there is a threat to the integrity of the Portal.
You are not permitted to publicly advertise or announce your use of the Portal without our prior consent. We do not recommend, approve or accredit any third party applications.
11.5 Governing Law and jurisdiction