Add your personal touch with a KBC Home Improvement Loan!
New carpets? A walk in wardrobe? Floor-to-ceiling leopard print? You can’t buy taste, but you can add your personal touch with a KBC Home Improvement Loan!
- Get one of the lowest rates on the market for loans over €10,000 at 6.30%APR^ with a KBC Current Account.
- Borrow between €5,000 and €50,000 over 1-5 years^^
- Flexibility to repay your loan early ^^^
- No set up charges or arrangement fees
Make An Appointment
Renovating your home? We are giving you the chance of winning 1 of 20 €1,000 Woodie's vouchers!
To be in with a chance of winning you must draw down a Home Improvement Loan
between 3rd May 2019 - 30th June 2019
. Your name will then be put into a draw to win one of 20 €1,000 Woodie’s vouchers!
If your name is picked you will be asked to answer one simple question
in order to win the voucher and get renovating!
Terms and Conditions apply
Information is correct as at 22nd May 2019.
How to apply for A Home Improvement Loan
Complete the online application form above
apply by phone on 1800 51 52 53
apply in any KBC Hub
Once we have assessed your application we will contact you with a decision and advise on next steps.
In order to process your application we may ask you to provide documentation to help us assess your ability to repay the credit facility, and to confirm your identity. From time to time we may ask you for further documents.
Our competitive rates
Take advantage of our competitive fixed rates exclusively for KBC current account customers*
||Standard Personal Loan Rate
||Current Account Discount Rate*
|9.56% (9.99% APR)
||8.64% (8.99% APR)
|€10,000 - €50,000
||7.07% (7.30% APR)
||6.13% (6.30% APR)
***Exclusive rates only apply if loan is repaid from a KBC Current Account
Managing your debt
At KBC we're here to help you manage your Personal Loans payments. If you'd like to make a payment on your Personal Loan you can call us on 1850 93 02 35. If you’re concerned about meeting repayments or if you’re experiencing financial difficulties, talk to us. We’re committed to finding a workable solution.
KBC Bank Ireland Arrears Support Unit - 1850 93 02 35
If your financial situation has changed recently or you are concerned about your finances, you can also contact Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) or visit their helpful website mabs.ie.
MABS Helpline - 0761 07 2000
€1,000 Woodie's Voucher - Competition Terms and Conditions
The KBC Bank Ireland plc (‘KBC’) Woodie's Promotion Terms and Conditions
All eligible* customers who:
- Drawdown a new KBC Home Improvement Personal loan (the “Qualifying Act”) during the Promotional Period (as defined below) will be entered into a draw; and,
- The lucky qualifying individuals drawn will then be asked the following question: “True or False “Woodie's is a DIY, Home & Garden store?”” (the “Qualifying Question”).
If answered correctly, the KBC Personal Loan Customer will win 1 of 20 Woodie's DIY,Home & Garden Store Vouchers to the value of €1,000 each (the “Prize”).
The Qualifying Act and Qualifying Question are together hereinafter referred to as the (“Promotion”).
- By participating in this Promotion, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these terms and conditions will be deemed to be invalid.
- The promotional period will run from 3rd May 2019 to 30th June 2019 inclusive (the “Promotional Period”).
- a) You must be aged 18 years or over and
b)You must carried out the Qualifying Act during the Promotional Period.
- You must correctly answer the Qualifying Question before receiving the Prize. (If you answer the question incorrectly you will not be eligible to win the Prize.)
- Eligible KBC Personal Loan Customer will automatically be entered into this Promotion.
- The Qualifying Act is based on the date funds are issued to the KBC Personal Loan Customer by KBC.
- This Promotion is not open to staff of KBC Bank Ireland plc.
- The winning KBC Personal Loan Customer will be selected at random by a KBC staff member from all valid entries received by the end of the Promotion Period.
- KBC will notify the award of the Prize to the winning KBC Personal Loan Customer via phone within 10 days of the close of the Promotional Period.
- The Prize is not transferable and not exchangeable. No cash or other alternative will be offered in lieu of the Prize.
- KBC is excluded from any liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the customer and any other individual arising from his or her participation in the Promotion.
- The decision of KBC in relation to the eligibility of a KBC Personal Loan Customer and compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be final and binding. KBC will not engage in any correspondence in this regard.
- KBC reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel, withdraw or change the Promotion at any time, for any reason without notice.
- KBC reserves the right to vary or amend these terms and conditions for valid commercial, technical, regulatory or operational reasons.
- The use of Woodie's DIY Store Vouchers will be subject to Woodies terms and conditions and expiry date (if applicable). KBC accept no responsibility in this regard.
- Any queries or complaints in connection with the Promotion should be addressed to the KBC Bank Ireland, Sandwith St, Dublin or call 1800 93 92 44.
- This Promotion is available from KBC Bank Ireland plc. KBC is a public limited company registered in the Company Registration Office under Company Number 40537. Our registered office at Sandwith Street, Dublin 2.
Lending criteria, underwriting, terms & conditions apply. The KBC Personal Loan is subject to repayment capacity, financial status and is not available to persons under 18 years of age. APR means Annual Percentage Rate.
All information, prices and rates are for guidance only and do not form part of a legal contract, agreement or understanding.
^See bonkers.ie for verification. Market refers to the banking market only. Offer rate of 6.30% APR (6.13% Fixed) on loans over €10,000. Max loan amount €50,000. Discount offer is available with respect to new Personal Loan applications only and is subject to availability. To avail of the optional discounted rate, you must repay the loan from your KBC current account by direct debit. The discounted rate is a discount on the standard personal loan rate which equates to a 1% discount on the Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”), which may vary.
Handy representative example**:
€10,000 fixed rate loan over 5 years (60 months).
Monthly repayments of €193.93.
Rate of interest 6.13% p.a. fixed.
Representative Annual Percentage Rate (APR) 6.30%.
Total cost of credit would be €1,635.98.
Total amount repayable would be €11,635.98.
^^Personal loans for home improvement and certain other purposes will be considered for terms up to 10 years, subject to borrowing amount. For more information about our longer term options please contact us
^^^There is no early repayment charge if the total amount repaid early is less than €10,000. For amounts of €10,000 or more, you will be obliged to pay a charge. The charge will be 1% of the amount repaid early if more than one year of the term of the loan remains. If one year or less of the term remains, the charge will be 0.5% of the amount repaid early.
**This represents a saving of over €265 compared to the equivalent standard KBC Personal Loan. Example is based on the discounted rate and adhering to the terms and conditions.
You may have to pay charges if you pay off your personal loan early. Loan Discount offer is available with respect to new Personal Loan applications only and is subject to availability. To avail of the optional discounted rate, you must repay the loan from your KBC current account by direct debit. If you cease paying your KBC Personal Loan by direct debit from your KBC current account, you will lose the discount. The discounted rate is a discount on the standard personal loan rate which equates to a 1% discount on the Annual Percentage Rate (“APR”), which may vary.
Before being bound by a credit agreement, we are obliged to provide you with a standardised information document called the Standard European Consumer Credit Information (‘SECCI’) form. It is designed to give you the best overview of the key information and terms and conditions of any credit agreement you consider, allowing you to compare the offers of different credit providers and select the credit offer that works best for you. The SECCI contains important details such as: the type of credit, amount and costs of credit, the Annual Percentage Rate (APR), the number and frequency of payments, as well as a note on important legal aspects.
Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.