How to apply
Applying is simple. You can do it online, over the phone on 1800 51 52 53, or in person at any of our hubs around the country.
Please be sure to select "Student" as your occupation on our application form to avail of the student current account.
Student Current Account Offer
The KBCI Bank Ireland plc (‘KBCI’) Student Current Account Offer
All eligible students who have opened a new KBCI Student Current Account between 15th August 2016 and the 30th November 2016 in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below will have €40 transferred into their new KBCI Student Current Account “the Offer - Part 1”.
Furthermore, if you conduct at least 10 debit card transactions on your new KBCI Student Current Account and activate your online (including mobile) banking by the 31st December 2016 you will be eligible to receive further €60, which will be transferred into your KBCI Student Current Account “the Offer - Part 2”.
The Offer - Part 1 and the Offer - Part 2 are together hereinafter referred to as the “Offer”.
By participating in this Offer, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. Failure to adhere with any of the Terms and Conditions shall result in you being ineligible for the Offer:
1.This Offer is only open to those who:
(a) - are residents of the Republic of Ireland;
(b) - are over 17 years of age;
(c) - are not an employee or appointed intermediary of KBCI or their agents or any other person connected with this Offer;
(d) - do not have an existing KBCI Current Account or have not previously held a KBCI current account or KBCI Student Account;
(e) - are a full time third level student attending an Irish third level institution for more than 21 hours each week. The duration of the course must be at least one academic year. The decision of KBCI in respect of this matter will be final and binding on all applicants;
(f) - have opened a new KBCI Student Current Account between 15th August 2016 and the 30th November 2016.
2. This Offer may only be availed of once.
3. This Offer is not available to accounts opened in joint names.
4. KBCI reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel, withdraw or change the Offer at any time without notice.
5. The decision of KBCI in relation to the eligibility of an applicant for the Offer and compliance with these terms and conditions will be final and binding on all applicants. KBCI will not enter into any correspondence in this regard.
6. In addition to the terms and conditions of the Offer you will also be bound by the KBCI Personal Banking Terms and Conditions as applicable to KBCI Student Current Accounts.
7. For the purposes of Part 2 of the Offer, a debit card transaction is defined as any ATM withdrawal, Chip & PIN, contactless or debit card online transaction.
8. Activating your online banking is defined as using the activation code provided to access either online or mobile banking.
9. You will receive your €40 in accordance with Part 1 of the Offer within 30 business days of opening your KBCI Student Current Account.
10. Once you have complied with the qualification requirements of Part 2 of the Offer as set out above for the additional €60, these funds will be transferred to your KBCI Student Current Account by the 31st January 2017.
11. The payments under this Offer will be transferred into your KBCI Student Current Account only, by electronic fund transfer. Payments cannot be made to any third party current account or a current account with any other financial institution.
12. No cheques or cash will be offered in lieu of the Offer.
13. This Offer is available from KBCI Bank Ireland plc. KBCI is a public limited company registered in the Companies Registration Office under Company Number 40537. Our registered office is at Sandwith Street, Dublin 2.
14. Any queries or complaints in connection with the Offer should be addressed to KBC Bank Ireland, Sandwith St, Dublin.
*Cashback is at the retailers discretion and a purchase is required. A minimum amount may be necessary. Other fees and charges apply.
Free banking is available to full-time third level students aged 17 or over attending an Irish third level institution in a course for more than 21 hours each week and the duration of the course must be at least one academic year.
Full details of the product Terms and Conditions can be found here, and Fees and Charges can be found here.