Mortgage Life Insurance, commonly known as mortgage protection is a common form of life insurance. It ensures that your mortgage will be paid off if you die during the term of your plan. Most banks will require that you have mortgage protection in place prior to granting you a mortgage. This product is provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
- This plan pays out a cash lump sum if you die during the term of your plan
- When taking out Mortgage Protection you can often add on a Specified Illness plan which will provide a cash lump sum to help you continue to pay off your mortgage and other bills should you be diagnosed with one of the specified Illness covered by the plan*
- The amount you pay is guaranteed to stay the same for the entire period that you are insured for
Make an appointment
*You will pay extra for these benefits.
The Mortgage Protection Brochure (pdf, 436 KB) will give you details of the benefits available on this plan.
Will Wise – Promotional Campaign: Life insurance gives you peace of mind that should something happen to you, your family won’t have to struggle financially. To add to this peace of mind, new customers who take out a life insurance plan with Irish Life between 13 July 2020 and 4 September 2020 can get a basic Will made through www.makemywill.ie for no extra cost. Offer is available on new One Plan , Term Life Insurance, Life Long Insurance & Mortgage Life Insurance plans. Read more.
Conditions and Eligibility criteria
- You must be aged between 18 and 74 and living in the Republic of Ireland
- The maximum term is 40 years or up to age 85
- Cover continues as long as you make your regular payments
- You must keep up your payments to stay on cover
- You cannot change the amount of cover you have though it will decrease as the amount that remains on your mortgage decreases
KBC Bank Ireland plc is tied to Irish life Assurance plc (Irish Life) for Life Insurance. Life insurance products are underwritten, administered and provided by Irish Life. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. KBC Bank Ireland plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Please call our team on 1800 51 52 53 and they’ll talk you through it.
Will Wise – Promotional Campaign
Offer available on One Plan, Term Life Insurance, Life Long Insurance & Mortgage Life Insurance plans.
Offer open to new Life Insurance applications received by Irish Life Assurance plc. between 13 July 2020 and 4 September 2020, accepted and issued by 16 October 2020.
Your plan must be in force for at least 6 weeks to get the offer and you must have paid your first premium. Irish Life will send you a voucher by email 6-8 weeks after starting your plan. Your Will must be completed by 26 February 2021.
You can’t cancel an existing plan with Irish Life and apply for this offer. And you must keep up your payments to stay on cover. This offer is not open to new plans issued through a conversion option (guaranteed cover again).
Underwriting Terms and Conditions apply.
Further information as well as the Terms and Conditions can be found here(PDF, 374 KB).