Mortgage Life Insurance, commonly known as mortgage protection is a common form of life insurance. It ensures that your mortgage will be paid off if you die during the term of your plan. Most banks will require that you have mortgage protection in place prior to granting you a mortgage. This product is provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
- This plan pays out a cash lump sum if you die during the term of your plan
- When taking out Mortgage Protection you can often add on a Specified Illness plan which will provide a cash lump sum to help you continue to pay off your mortgage and other bills should you be diagnosed with one of the specified Illness covered by the plan*
- The amount you pay is guaranteed to stay the same for the entire period that you are insured for
Make an appointment
*You will pay extra for these benefits.
The Mortgage Protection Brochure (pdf, 436 KB) will give you details of the benefits available on this plan.
Conditions and Eligibility criteria
- You must be aged between 18 and 74 and living in the Republic of Ireland
- The maximum term is 40 years or up to age 85
- Cover continues as long as you make your regular payments
- You must keep up your payments to stay on cover
- You cannot change the amount of cover you have though it will decrease as the amount that remains on your mortgage decreases
KBC Bank Ireland plc is tied to Irish life Assurance plc (Irish Life) for Life Insurance. Life insurance products are underwritten, administered and provided by Irish Life. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. KBC Bank Ireland plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Please call our team on 1800 51 52 53 and they’ll talk you through it.