Income Insurance, also known as income protection provides you with a replacement income if you cannot work as a result of an illness or injury after a certain period of time. This product is provided by Irish Life Assurance plc.
- You can take out income insurance if you are in full-time work or are self-employed and earn an income. It protects you only in these circumstances; it will not be paid if you become unemployed. You must keep up your payments to stay on cover
- It pays you a regular monthly income, replacing some of your earned income
- Cover continues until age 65 or you return to work
- Payments on your plan are eligible for income tax relief at your marginal rate of tax. However, if you do claim on this plan, your incapacity benefit will be treated as normal income and so is assessed for income tax, PRSI and the Universal Social Charge
- The maximum benefit payable is now €250,000, previously this was €150,000. Benefits paid are less any State benefits or other income protection plans.
- The maximum benefits payable is 75% of total yearly earnings, less any State benefits or other income protection plans.
Make an appointment
The Income Insurance Brochure (pdf, 365 KB) will give you details of the benefits available on this plan.
Find out more about other services that may be available to you on LifeCare.
KBC Bank Ireland plc is tied to Irish life Assurance plc (Irish Life) for Life Insurance. Life insurance products are underwritten, administered and provided by Irish Life. Irish Life Assurance plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. KBC Bank Ireland plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
Please call our team on 1800 51 52 53 and they’ll talk you through it.