Where can I get the KBC Mobile Banking App?
The app can be downloaded from the Apple App store
or Google Play
KBC Bank Ireland has developed an app for iPhones and iPads, Android Smartphones and tablets.
Can I use the KBC Mobile Banking App on any smartphone or tablet?
The KBC mobile banking app has been developed for iPhones, iPads, Android tablets and Smartphones.
For iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch it is required that your operating system is at least IOS 9.0.
For Android devices it is required that your operating system is at least version 4.1.
How can I register for Mobile Banking?
KBC customers can register for mobile banking by downloading the KBC Mobile Banking App and following the steps below:
- Download the KBC Mobile Banking app from the App Store or Play Store
- Click on 'I already have an account'
- Follow the steps and enter the required details
- Enter the Activation code (this will be sent to the phone number on file for you by SMS)
- Choose and enter a 6 digit PIN
Once you have confirmed your 6 digit PIN your app will open and you will have access to your KBC accounts.
Can I have KBC Mobile Banking activated on more than one phone? How can I activate the app on a second device?
Yes. You can add mobile banking to another phone through both Online Banking and the KBC Mobile Banking App. A maximum of 2 devices per customer can be activated at any time.
Using Online Banking to activate the Mobile App on a new smartphone:
Using Mobile Banking to activate the Mobile App on a new smartphone:
- Log into Online Banking, go to the "Security" menu.
- Click “Generate new activation code”, and simply follow the on-screen instructions to generate a new code that you will be able to use to activate the KBC Mobile App for Mobile Banking on a new smartphone.
- Log into the KBC Mobile Banking app with your first phone, go the go to the "Security" menu.
- Select "Activate new device", enter your Mobile Banking PIN and click on "Generate".
A new activation code will be generated on the screen that will allow you to activate the KBC Mobile App for Mobile Banking on your second new smartphone.
What type of accounts can I open on the KBC Mobile App?
If you are not yet a KBC customer, you can download the app and use it to open a KBC Standard or Extra Current Account.
KBC customers that have Mobile Banking can use the app to open the following types of accounts:
- Current Accounts (including Overdrafts),
- Fixed Term Deposits,
- Demand Deposits,
- Savings Accounts,
- Personal Loans.
- Credit Cards
Once you complete the steps, the new account will be displayed on your dashboard after being verified internally: it will then be available for you to lodge funds into it.
What are the maximum limits for transferring money?
For security and fraud purposes, there are daily limits set for transfers. These are valid for 24 hours from midnight to midnight during a normal working week.
Transferring money to another bank:
You can transfer up to €5,000 per transaction, up to a maximum of €15,000 per day subject to availability of cleared funds and product rules.
Transferring money to another KBC account:
You can transfer up to €15,000 per transaction, up to a maximum of €15,000 per day subject to availability of cleared funds and product rules.
Transferring money to your own KBC accounts:
Threre is no restriction on the amount you can transfer, subject to availability of cleared funds and product rules.
If you wish to complete a transfer for an amount greater than the daily limit, this will need to be split across 2 or more working days.
Where do I find my IBAN on the KBC Mobile App?
You can find your IBAN by choosing the relevant account from the dashboard and the IBAN will appear in the top section of the screen.