Apply Online Now for a KBC Savings Account
1. Apply Online
Apply online in 3 quick steps by clicking on the ‘Proceed to Step 1’ button below. Once all 3 steps have been completed, you can the print out the application form, fill in the security questions, sign it and post it to us.
Should you need help or would like us to print and post the application form to you, please give us a call on 1800 51 52 53.
Once you start the application process, you can go to previous pages by clicking the ‘Previous Step’ Button only. If you hit the ‘Back’ Button on the toolbar, you will be redirected to Step 1 and requested to start the application process again.
You Can Apply Online in 3 Easy Steps
Proceed to Step 1
- Your Personal Details
- Your Product Choice
- Confirm and Submit Your Application
2. Apply in person or over the phone
You can open your account over the phone with a member of our dedicated sales team by calling 1800 51 52 53 or by popping into one of our Hubs where you can open your account with a member of staff.
You will need to provide the following documents in order to open your account and start using it:
1. Your Photo ID
Two forms of photo ID are required.
Some top tips!
- Check that your passport is in date.
- Check the copy is clear and eligible, especially your picture and your personal details.
- Copy both pages of your passport – for example on the other page of your passport there is a section for your signature. We need to be able to view the passport number and the two lines of coding at the bottom.
- Joint Account? If you are opening a joint account – remember to pop in proof for everyone on the account.
- Married? If you are married – just provide your Marriage Certificate to cover any proof that is in your maiden name.
2. Driver's Licence (provisional or full)
Some top tips!
- If you hold a new license please photocopy the front and back of the license.
- If you hold an older driving license (i.e. the paper version) please copy all three pages.
- Check the information on the photocopy is clear and legible especially your picture and your personal details.
What if you don’t have 2 forms of photo ID?
If you can only provide one form of ID that’s OK. All you need to do is get the ID “Certified” for example in your local Garda Station, or practicing Chartered & Certified Public Accountant. Certified simply means the ID is signed and stamped as a true copy of the original.
2. Your Proof of Address
Two forms of Proof of Address are required. You can use utility bills (e.g. mobile phone, gas, electricity), Bank Account Statements, Credit Card Statements or Revenue letter/documents (e.g. tax cert).
Some top tips!
What if you don’t have 2 forms of address ID?
- Your proof of address must be less than 6 months old at time of application.
- The name and address on your proof of address must match that on your form.
- Your two forms of address ID must not be from the same institution.
If you can only provide one form of address ID that’s OK. All you need to do is get the address ID document “Certified” for example in your local Garda Station, or practicing Chartered and Certified Public Accountant. Certified simply means the ID is signed and stamped as a true copy of the original.
3. Your Proof of PPS No.
You will need 1 proof of PPS number for everyone named on your new account:
- P60, P45, P21 Balancing Statement
- PAYE Notice of Tax Credits, Tax Return Form
- Employers payslip
- Drug Payment Scheme Card
- Child Benefit Book/Award Letter
With your permission, we can accept certain proof of PPS to also be used as proof of address should it show your address and is issued form a Government Department.
Additional/alternative documentation may be accepted from time to time by KBC, if you have problems providing any documents, please just call our Customer Services Team on 1800 51 52 53.
Details, information and personal data collected from you or from Third Parties in respect of your application, will be retained by KBC Bank Ireland and will be stored on computer and used for the purpose of processing your current account and administering any resulting service. You consent to the disclosure by KBC Bank Ireland of any information and personal data from you to its agents. You have the right to receive a copy of all personal data held by KBC Bank Ireland following a written request, and to have any inaccuracies in that personal data corrected in accordance with the provisions of Data Protection Legislation. KBC Bank Ireland may monitor and record telephone conversations between KBC Bank Ireland and the Customer to assist in improving customer services. In accordance with Anti Money Laundering obligations we may undertake searches as appropriate to assist us to verify your identity.