It's your Mortgage Day!
if you open an account before 30 June 2021^
day to day banking with no quarterly fees for maintaining the account*
contactless payments when using a Debit Card for purchases in Euro
Apple Pay™, Google Pay™, Fitbit Pay™, Garmin Pay™ & Wena pay™
Please note: KBC Bank Ireland does not offer cash facilities at our hub locations and so are unable to cater for cash lodgements or withdrawals in our premises.
For more information see 'The Need-to-Knows' below.
The KBC Teen Current Account is available to personal customers, i.e. your Teen Current Account may be used to operate and manage your personal financial affairs.
You must be resident in the European Union.
You can open a Teen Current Account in your own name only. You cannot open a joint Teen Current Account with another person.
Only one Teen Current Account is allowed per person.
You must be aged 13-18 years and in full time education in a secondary school in the Republic of Ireland.
If you are aged 13-15 years you will need Parent/Guardian consent to open the account.
Once you turn 19 years old you can no longer hold a Teen Current Account.
No wallet. No bank card. No faster way to pay!
Just tap, pay and done!
Innovative Online Savings: Please note a Deposit Account is available to a Personal Customer ages 18 or over.
*Free day to day banking means you won’t be charged for day to day use of your account - like cash withdrawals and quarterly fees for maintaining the account. Fees and charges may apply for non-euro ATM cash withdrawals and using a debit card for purchases in foreign currency.
You cannot apply for an Overdraft facility on this account.
Your Parent/Guardian may be contacted in relation to any transactions on your account and if your account enters a minus balance (an Unauthorised Overdraft position).
The KBC Teen Current Account is a Euro account. You cannot make lodgements to your Teen Current Account in any currency other than Euro.
See full details of the product's Terms and Conditions (pdf, 424 KB) and Fees and Charges (pdf, 71KB).
Teen Fee Information Document.
^These Terms and Conditions are in respect of the Teen Current Account €20 Offer and are in addition to the KBC Personal Banking Terms and Conditions and Fees and Charges Booklet.
All eligible* teens who open a new KBC Teen Current Account between 1st January 2020 and 30th June 2021 with KBC Bank Ireland plc (“KBC”) in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out below will have €20 transferred into their new KBC Teen Current Account (the “Teen Offer”).
1. The Teen Offer is only open to those who*:
(a) live in the Republic of Ireland;
(b) are aged between 13 and 18 years old;
(c) do not have an existing or have not previously held a KBC Teen Current Account/KBC Student Current Account
(d) are a full time secondary school student attending a school/institute within the Republic of Ireland. KBC may at its discretion require you to supply satisfactory proof of your student status, such as a letter from your school confirming your attendance.
2. If you are eligible for the Teen Offer in accordance with Clause 1 above, you will receive €20 within 20 business days of your account being opened and operational.
3. The €20 payment under the Teen Offer will be transferred into your KBC Teen Current Account by credit transfer. The €20 payment cannot be made to any third party current account (meaning we cannot pay it into someone else’s account) or a current account with any other financial institution.
4. The Teen Offer may only be availed of once.
5. KBC reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel, withdraw or change the Teen Offer at any time, for any reason without notice.
6. In addition to the Terms and Conditions of the Teen Offer, you will also be bound by the KBC Personal Banking Terms and Conditions as applicable to KBC Teen Current Accounts.
7. The decision of KBC in relation to the eligibility of an applicant for the Teen Offer and compliance with these terms and conditions will be final and binding on all applicants. KBC will not enter into any correspondence in this regard.
8. No cheques or cash will be offered in lieu of the Teen Offer.
9. Please keep a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
10. This Teen Offer is available from KBC Bank Ireland plc. KBC is a public limited company registered in the Companies Registration Office under Company Number 40537. Our registered office is at Sandwith Street, Dublin 2.
11. Any queries or complaints in connection with the Teen Offer should be addressed to KBC Bank Ireland, Sandwith St, Dublin or call 1800 93 92 44.
KBC Bank Ireland plc is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
See full details of the product Terms and Conditions (pdf, 424 KB) and Fees and Charges (pdf, 66 KB) info here.