Reporting to: Head of Production Control Office
Contract Status: Permanent
Department: Production Control Office
Location: City Quay
KBC Bank Ireland plc (‘KBC’) is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The Release & Environment Manager (REM) will be responsible for a small team of specialist Release engineers owning the end-to-end release management lifecycle- scheduling, coordination, and management of releases across KBCI. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated and will thrive in a challenging work and dynamic team environment. You will design and support the Release and deployment frameworks within the Production Control Office. As a strong communicator, influencer and mobilizer, you will interact with all technology departments and be well versed in automated deployment methodologies and keep us on track with our defined Production Control Office (PCO) policies and procedures.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The REM will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes through development, testing and production environments, working collaboratively with all participants in software development and maintenance.
- The REM responsibility will also extend to environment management within KBCI. This role will be accountable for managing the T24 Test environments and all S/W production releases, defining and implementing an environment management & control framework and supporting delivery and operational teams in the effective use of KBCI environments within the defined control framework.
- End-to-end ownership and oversight of Release & Environment management processes, to include branching strategies
- Planning of release schedules in collaboration with Release Engineers and Project Management, Change the bank teams
- Measuring and monitoring progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and to a high level of quality – ensuring that all release related SLA’s are met
- Communication of release plans and outcomes to business and technology stakeholders
- Conducting release readiness reviews and go/no-go checkpoints ahead of release deployment to production
- Lead and co-ordinate deployment execution for releases in conjunction with Development and project teams
- Development and implementation of environment management strategy including gating process and acceptance criteria for use by teams when promoting code through environments
- Definition and implementation of required environmental management practices including test data management in non-prod environments
- Continuous improvement of Release & Environment Management process effectiveness – including definition and implementation of automation strategies.
- Strong ITIL knowledge, with particular focus on Release & Environment Management.
- Experience with CI/CD and optimizing code delivery through automation and/or process reengineering – working along with Automation experts.
- This role also has responsibility for a small specialist team of Release & Release Automation engineers.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Knowledge/experience of T24 release
- People Management Experience.
- 2/3 Years’ experience in a similar Release Management Role.
- Strong ITIL knowledge, with particular focus on Release & Deployment Management
- ITIL V3 / V4 certification preferable
- In-depth Knowledge of CI/CD , release automation.
- CI/CD Automation Tools expertise – Git bit-bucket, Ansible, etc.
- Qualifications/experience: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience (8-10 years’ experience in IT)
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional teams toward task completion
- A dynamic, flexible person, you must be a good communicator with strong inter-personal skills and possess the ability to deal with a fast-paced environment and embrace change. A logical and organised approach to continuous improvement is essential.
- High level of personal resilience and ability to remain highly effective in a flexible and changing business
- Supports departmental strategy and its implementation whilst providing input based on their area of expertise.
- A strong customer focus mind-set with a focus on ensuring quality outcomes at all times
Core Competency Skills:
- Communication: Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner and the ability to make people comfortable with new technology
- Results oriented: The ability to deliver excellent results against stretching targets
- Action oriented: Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action
- Personal Drive and Motivation: Ability and tenacity to achieve goals, develop in the role and succeed
- Delivery: Ability to achieve high quality deliverables in a timely manner
- Strategic Thinker: Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to think strategically and identify ongoing improvement opportunities and process optimisation
- Excellent attention to detail required