A sweeper is an instruction to set up on a current account to check the balance on a chosen date each month and take the funds over a specified limit (you can choose any limit that you want to set up!) and place them into a specified Smart Move Online Demand account. You can only have 1 sweeper per current account.
Setting up a sweeper with Online Banking
You set up a sweeper with Online Banking by following the steps below:
- Go to the "Transfers" menu and select "Sweepers".
- Click on "Add a new Sweeper"
- Select the "from" and "to"accounts. If you can't select a "to" account, it may be because you don’t yet have a Smart Move Online Demand Account (this can be opened within Online Banking).
- Enter the amount you wish to transfer and the day of the month for the transfer: Only dates between the 1st and the 28th of the month can be chosen. Please note that the date in which you get paid can differ each month depending on the dates the weekends fall. You must take this into account when choosing a date for your sweeper to take place each month.
- Follow the steps on the screen to secure and validate your request.
Deleting a sweeper with Online Banking
You can cancel a sweeper by selecting the sweeper menu in the transfer section; then select the sweeper that you want to cancel and click the remove icon.