Taking place in the new location of The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, Dublin 8 on 12th and 13th May, this year’s star-studded line-up features the following, with more acts still to be announced:
- Presenter turned fitness guru and the UK’s number 1 fitness DVD franchise, Davina McCall
- ‘Lean in 15’ famed Joe Wicks, aka The Body Coach
- Best-selling author and entrepreneur Ella Mills, founder of Deliciously Ella
- Hollywood celebrity trainer of E!’s ‘Revenge Body’, Simone de la Rue aka Body by Simone
- Personal trainer and fitness influencer Bradley Simmonds
- London based doctor, personal trainer and best-selling author Hazel Wallace, best-known as The Food Medic
- Barry’s Bootcamp Master Trainer Faisal
- Yoga teacher, personal trainer, author and creator of the Vertue Method, Shona Vertue
- Personal trainer and model Toby Huntington-Whiteley
- Nutritional health coach and cookery author, Madeleine Shaw
- Personal trainer and best-selling author Alice Liveing (formerly known as Clean Eating Alice)
- Yoga sensations Patrick Beach, Move Yo Asana and Julie Montagu
- Best-selling cookery author and healthy food and lifestyle enthusiast Roz Purcell
- Performance psychologist Gerry Hussey
- London Harley Street nutritionist and cookery author Rhiannon Lambert
- BOSH! vegan bloggers
- GP Rupy Aujla of The Doctors Kitchen
What’s new for WellFest 2018?
WellFest 2018 will be the biggest yet, expanding to a total of 12 stages.
Following the popularity of the mental health and mindfulness activities in previous years, there will be a dedicated mental fitness stage, curated by performance psychologist Gerry Hussey.
In addition, there will be a new area dedicated to spinning led by McSport – the exclusive distributor of spinning bikes in Ireland. Popular areas such as WellKids, WellFood and WellTalk will be returning to expanded spaces, along with the largest WellVillage market to date, showcasing the best wellness brands from Ireland and overseas.
Commenting at today’s launch, Katie Ryan, WellFest Co-Founder said: “Following a sell-out festival last year, we’re excited to be back with our strongest line-up to date. With the support of our presenting partner KBC and other partners, we’re bringing some of the most inspiring people in the health and wellness industry to Dublin this May.
“With the change of venue to The Royal Hospital Kilmainham, WellFest is growing. It really is a reflection of the interest there is in health and wellness across the country. The new location will also mean the festival will be more accessible to people outside of Dublin, with trains and the Luas within walking distance.
“This year, the expansion of popular areas such as WellKids, WellMind, WellFit, WellVillage and our food offering means that – more than ever before – WellFest really has something for everyone.”
Warm-up wellness programme with KBC
At the line-up announcement today, WellFest and KBC revealed they are also partnering on a ‘warm-up wellness’ programme. This will be a 30-day plan, featuring advice and tips on nutrition, mental health and fitness. Full details of the warm-up programme – along with celebrity ambassadors – will be announced in the coming weeks.
At today’s launch, Aidan Power, Director of Customer, Brand and Marketing from KBC, said “KBC is delighted to partner with Wellfest for a second year in what promises to be the strongest line up to date. We understand how important wellbeing is to our customers and the communities we live and work in. We also believe that KBC has an active role to play in helping people access initiatives as inspiring as Wellfest. This year we have expanded our support to Wellfest to include a 30 day ‘warm-up wellness’ programme in addition to supporting the festival. Our aim is to bring a wealth of knowledge across nutrition, mental health and fitness to a broader community beyond the festival itself.”
Weekend and day tickets for the festival are on sale now on www.wellfest.ie.