At KBC Bank Ireland plc your privacy and data protection rights are very important to us. Data Protection is the safeguarding of the privacy rights of individuals in relation to the processing of personal information, in both paper and electronic format.
On the 25th May 2018 the EU is introducing a new regulation – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - to strengthen data protection for all within the European Union. GDPR is good news for customers. It makes it easier for you to access your personal information and control how it is used.
Our new Data Protection Notice, which is effective from 25th May 2018, can be found below. Alternatively, you can get a copy by contacting our Customer Service team on 1800 93 92 44 / email@example.com or by dropping into your nearest KBC Hub. Download the Access Request Form here.
1. To view the existing KBC Bank Ireland Data Protection Notice click here
2. To view the new KBC Bank Ireland Data Protection Notice click here
3. To view KBC's overview of GDPR click here
4. To view FAQs regarding GDPR click here
5. To view the KBC Bank Ireland - Access Request Form click here
6. To view information regarding Credit Searches click here
Data Access Request
Please see KBC Bank Ireland's Personal Data Access Request Procedure below:
The Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the “Data Protection Acts”) lay down strict rules about the way in which personal data and sensitive personal data are collected, accessed, used and disclosed. The Data Protection Acts also permit individuals to access their personal data on request, and confer on individuals the right to have their personal data amended if found to be incorrect.
Inquiries about this Access Request Procedure should be made to The Customer Services Department, KBC Bank Ireland plc, Sandwith Street, Dublin 2.
Purpose of this policy
This document outlines KBC Bank Ireland’s Access Request Procedure to help ensure that we comply with the access request provisions of the Data Protection Acts.
(i) Making an Access Request
Under the Data Protection Acts, you may receive a copy of your personal data held by KBC Bank Ireland plc on request, subject to payment of a fee of €6.35.
In order to respond to your request we require you to:
1. Download the Access Request Form here
2. Complete, sign and date the Access Request Form*. Please be as specific as possible about the information you wish to access;
3. Enclose a cheque or postal money order payable to KBC Bank Ireland plc to the amount of €6.35; and
4. Post the Access Request Form to The Customer Services Department, KBC Bank Ireland plc, Sandwith Street, Dublin 2.
*If you cannot download the Access Request Form from the internet please telephone our Customer Services Department on 01 664 6100 who will arrange to post this form to you or write a letter to our Customer Services Department, KBC Bank Ireland plc, Sandwith Street, Dublin 2 requesting your personal data.
Please note the following important requirements;
- we reserve the right not to process an access request that is not made in our Access Request Form format or by letter;
- we shall not process an access request unless the prescribed fee of €6.35 is received by cheque or postal money order made payable to KBC Bank Ireland plc; and
- we do not accept access requests via telephone, email or text message.
(ii) Responding to your Access Request
Once we have received your fully completed Access Request Form or letter and the prescribed fee we shall respond to you within the statutory period of forty (40) days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your access request you are entitled to make a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner who may investigate the matter for you. The Data Protection Commissioner’s website contains useful information on access requests and other data protection issues at www.dataprotection.ie.
This Access Request Procedure is supplemented (and may be amended) by specific policies and procedures of KBC Bank Ireland plc.