Your Information: The details provided in this enquiry form, together with any other information that is furnished to us in connection with this enquiry and any associated loan, guarantee or other account(s) (“Information”), will be retained and processed by KBC Bank Ireland plc and its subsidiary companies (“we”/“us”) for the following purposes:
- processing and assessing the loan enquiry(s);
- verifying the Information, including in the case of personal loans, contacting the employers or professional advisers of the applicants;
- conducting credit searches against the applicants prior to and during the term of any loan;
- administrating any resulting loan(s), including for debt collection and enforcement purposes and as otherwise required for the performance of your loan agreement or any associated agreements;
- meeting our legal and compliance obligations (which include those relating to the prevention of money laundering, financing of terrorism and fraud);
- undertaking credit and other checks and making credit decisions;
- quality control and group reporting and management; and
- if you have consented, for marketing purposes.
Sensitive Data Consent: Sensitive personal data (such as health or criminal conviction data) will be obtained and processed only where necessary to process your enquiry or account (e.g. life assurance). By signing this form, you are explicitly consenting to the use, retention and reproduction of sensitive personal data for such purposes and you acknowledge that if you do not permit such processing, it will not be possible to provide you with certain services or products.
Disclosures: We may disclose Information in the following circumstances:
- to other companies within the KBC Group;
- to our agents, advisers, service providers and contractors for the above purposes. These may include insurance, pension or investment companies with whom we have a contractual relationship;
- to credit reference agencies;
- to other persons connected with your account (e.g. guarantors, additional borrowers, company directors etc) and to your financial advisers or other intermediaries;
- in the context of any assignment, purchase or securitisation of your loan or in the context of a sale of our business; or
- where we are required by any regulatory body, law enforcement agency, court or other legal process.
Electronic Communications and Phone Calls: Your Information will be processed, recorded and retained by us in electronic form. You agree that KBC Bank may communicate with you electronically in relation to your accounts, and that it may rely on such electronic communications, records, originals and documents in any dealing with you. We may monitor and record telephone calls made to and from us for fraud and crime prevention, to assist in improving customer services, to evidence instructions or to prevent or resolve disputes.
Right of Access: You have the right to receive a copy of all personal data (within the meaning of the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003) relating to you which is held by us following a written request (for which a small fee will be charged) and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. You may be required to provide us with sufficient information to verify your identity and locate your data.