Financial Reporting Accountant – Special Purpose Vehicles (KBCAM)
Job Title: Financial Reporting Accountant – Special Purpose Vehicles (KBCAM)
Reporting to: Reporting Manager
Contract Status: Permanent
Location: Sandwith Street
KBC Fund Management (the “Company”) is a Dublin based asset manager with approximately EUR 50bn assets under management and is a part of the KBC Group of companies. The Balanced team is responsible for the investment and operational management of +/- 150 fund-of-funds with EUR 45bio in AUM and capital protected and structured funds with AUM of EUR 5bio.
The role is part of a Financial Reporting Team dedicated to the preparation and delivery of reporting requirements for a number of Irish domiciled Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs). The SPVs have issued notes and are listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (“ISE”). The Financial Reporting Accountant will be part of a 3 person team assisting with the preparation of annual and interim financial statements, quarterly Central Bank FVC reporting and bi-monthly VAT returns along with engagement with the main stakeholders.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
Accounting and Audit:
- Ensuring financial statements are in full compliance with international accounting standards, company law, regulatory and KBC valuation principles.
- Preparation of interim and annual financial statements from trial balance along with supporting data received from KBCAM in Belgium
- Perform control/validation checks as part of the financial reporting preparation process - portfolio reconciliations of ledger balances and request back-up and explanations as required from KBCAM to ensure financial integrity of the balance sheet and income statement.
- Liaise with and assist external auditors in the conduct of their annual audit – principal contact point.
Central Bank Regulatory Returns:
- Preparation and review of quarterly SPV reporting to the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Monitoring of and response to Central Bank queries on the SPV returns
- Assist with Tax compliance and Revenue reporting requirements (IXBRL, FATCA, DWT, 46G).
- Liaising with external tax consultants in the preparation of the annual Corporation Tax return.
- Preparation and submission of bi-monthly VAT returns including the annual return of trading details and annual VAT recovery for all SPV companies.
- Ensuring that the reporting requirements as part of the Service Level Agreement between KBC and KBCAM are being met.
- Maintain positive working relationship with SPV directors, KBCAM colleagues, other service providers and the broader KBCI Finance team.
- Meet objectives as set out in the work plan attached to the annual performance review.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
The Candidate should possess the following skills and competencies
- Qualified accountant with experience in financial reporting for special purpose vehicles, funds or similar asset management entities, also suitable for candidates with an audit background in this area.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS and ability to make relevant disclosures in Financial Statements.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy in preparing Financial Statements.
- Good numeracy, analytical and accounting skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word (Intermediate level). Some level of understanding of Macros would be advantage but is not essential.
- Self-starter with good organisational skills and excellent communication skills.
- Albeit that the role will report into and be supervised by the Team Head, ability to take ownership and responsibility for the role is also required.
Core Competency Skills:
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Level of Responsibility:
- Ensures the production of relevant reports and controls for the SPVs to meet reporting obligations
- Ensures that reporting is produced in line with Group and local requirements.
- Adheres to policies and procedures.
- Adaptable to needs of others by applying common sense and communicating clearly.
- Demonstrates PEARL behaviours on a consistent basis.
- Assists other team members and fulfils delegated duties.