Conduct Risk Analyst
Job Title: Conduct Risk Analyst
Reporting to: Conduct Risk Specialist
Contract: 12 month FTC
Location: Sandwith Street
KBC Bank Ireland plc (‘KBC’) is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The objective of the KBC Bank Ireland’s Conduct Risk function is to enable a compliant customer focused bank of choice for our customers and stakeholders. The Conduct Risk function promotes the fair treatment of customers and banking integrity bank-wide and in-line with CBI’s Consumer Protection Risk Assessment Framework (“CPRAF”).
This role will require the successful candidate to play a key role to ensure the Bank’s Conduct Risk Framework remains fit for purpose and embedded throughout the Bank. This will include gaining an understanding of the Bank’s adherence to the Consumer Protection Code and CPRAF through assisting business units in the completion of conduct risk - risk and control self-assessments and providing input into the Bank’s Product Oversight and Governance Framework.
As a key member of the Conduct Risk function you will be involved in the following activities:
- Support the Head of Conduct Risk in the delivery of the conduct risk agenda
- Advising the business of the conduct risk considerations associated with new and existing products and distribution channels
- Escalating conduct risk matters to the Conduct Risk Manager and Head of Conduct Risk.
- Arranging Conduct Risk Team and Compliance Function meetings
- Assist in the delivery of the Bank's conduct risk framework and ensure conduct risks are identified, assessed, managed and reported
- Assist in the preparation conduct risk metrics and committee reports, for example KRIs and MI to provide group assurance and support issue escalation
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with business units to ensure early awareness of conduct risk requirements
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of conduct risk regulatory requirements and developments.
- Preparing conduct risk management information packs for board committees and management committees.
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- 2 Years + experience working in financial services, preferably in a Conduct Risk function
- Experience in a similar role.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Compliance/Legal/Accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organisation in a professional manner
- Strong technical knowledge of all relevant legislation and regulation
- Relevant management experience
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills
- High level of self-motivation and ability to work as part of a wider compliance team