The Future Growth Loan Scheme is offered by the Strategic Banking Corporation of Ireland (SBCI) with the support of the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation, the Department of Agriculture Food and the Marine, the European Investment Bank and the European Investment Fund.
The Future Growth Loan Scheme benefits from a guarantee from the European Union under the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI).
KBCI Business Banking specialise in supporting professionals across a range of sectors including financial, legal, medical, pharmacy and property. KBCI has partnered with the SBCI under the Future Growth Loan Scheme to support SME’s investment in their Business.
Funding is available from 04/09/2019 to 31/12/2022 or until the scheme has been fully subscribed
- Investment in Machinery or Equipment
- Investment in research and Development
- Investment in Business Expansion
- Investment in Premises Improvement
- Investment in Process Innovation
- Investment in People and/or Systems
For more information on loan purpose you can visit the Future Growth Loan Scheme page on the SBCI website
Key Features and Restrictions
- Loan amounts from €100,000 to a maximum of €3,000,000 per borrower under the scheme
- Variable interest rates with a fixed margin available
- Loan terms ranging from 8 to 10 years
- Unsecured loans up to €500,000
- For loans greater than €500,000 security may be required
- For loans greater than or equal to €250,000 a business plan is required
Summary of Non-eligible Activities
- Finance of pure real estate development activity
- Finance of activities constituting pure financial transactions (e.g. purchase of shares)
- Loans to undertakings in difficulty
- Refinance to reschedule existing loan or completed project
For a full list of excluded activities please refer to the Future Growth Loan Scheme page on the SBCI website
Who can Apply?
Applicants must be viable micro, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
An SME is defined by the Standard EU definition [Commission Regulation 2003/361/EC] as an enterprise that:
- has fewer than 250 employees
- has a turnover of €50 million or less (or €43 million or less on their balance sheet)
- is independent and autonomous i.e. not part of a wider group of enterprises
- has less than 25% of their capital held by public bodies
- is established and operating in the Republic of Ireland
Who cannot apply?
An SME that:
- is in financial difficulty
- is bankrupt or being wound up or having its affairs administered by courts
- In the last 5 years has entered in to an arrangement with creditors, in the context of being bankrupt or wound-up or having its affairs administered by the courts
- is convicted of an offense concerning professional misconduct by judgement, fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation, money laundering or any other illegal activity where such illegal activity is detrimental to the European Union’s financial interests.
How to apply
- Undertake an eligibility check with the SBCI by completing the SBCI Eligibility Application form which can be found on the SBCI website – For details on eligibility criteria and how to apply please refer to SBCI website or call the SBCI helpdesk on 1800 804 482
- The SBCI will issue an Eligibility Confirmation letter if your application has been successful. This must be provided to KBCI when applying for a loan under SBCI FGLS
- Arrange a meeting with a KBC Business Partner by completing the online enquiry form or by calling our dedicated Business Support Team on 1800 804 414
- State Aid under the SBCI FGLS scheme has certain restrictions on the amount of scheme funding allocated to borrowers. Thresholds on State Aid under this scheme should not exceed €200,000 in any 3-year fiscal period
For information on State Aid refer to the Future Growth Loan Scheme page
on the SBCI website
Fees and Charges
Terms and Conditions
Lending criteria, terms and conditions apply. Credit facilities are subject to repayment capacity and financial status and are not available to persons under 18 years of age. Security may be required. Lending is only available to Residents of the Republic of Ireland.
Warning: The cost of your loan repayments may increase
Warning: You may have to pay charges if you repay early, in full or in part, a fixed-rate credit facility
Warning: This new credit facility may take longer to repay than your previous credit facilities. You may pay more than if you paid over a shorter term.